The prayer foundation for Shine Your Light is gaining strong momentum and it’s great to be able to welcome you to the second of our special Prayer Bulletins to compliment the other resources that are part of Shine Your Light (SYL) – sharing the love of God right across The British Isles, on as many streets as possible, this Christmas time.
In preparation for the weekend of Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th December, this month’s themes are focussing on our hearts, on the hope that people yearn for, and praying for some remarkable stories of healing to take place. Keep on ploughing the ground in your neighborhoods and believe that where you walk and pray, you are depositing the presence of God in those streets.
For Open HEARTS: For God who said” Let light shine out of darkness,” made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:6
As we prepare for Shine Your Light, let’s pray:
- for the softening of hearts towards the love, the grace, and the joy of God.
- for the opening of hearts and minds, ears and eyes to The Gospel, releasing true freedom.
- that the light of God, shining in our hearts, might be a beacon to those around us that we see each day, touching hearts and bringing light into dark places. Pray for an invasion of the love of God into every home you pass, every retail establishment you shop in and every educational establishment in your community.
Bringing HOPE No one who hopes in You will ever be put to shame. Psalm 25:3(a)
- Society longs to hear stories that bring hope and change our outlook as we step forward. As you pray for villages, towns, and cities, believe that the God of all hope will meet those expectations, bringing encouragement into open hearts and will change lives.
- Pray for hope for our young people. Pray for those that are part of the Church family who are looking for opportunities to share about Shine Your Light with friends and family.
Praying for HEALING Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24
- There is such a need for healing to take place in society today. Healing from past hurts, healing from traumas, and physical healing. As you pray for specific people, believe that you are significantly changing the spiritual atmosphere over and around those people, allowing God to bring true healing and changed lives.
- As you start to think about the places where Shine Your Light will take place, prayer walk through your communities and pray for a ‘deposit’ of the presence of God in those places.
Look out for the next SYL Prayer Bulletin Special at the beginning of December.